Thursday 1 November 2012

Am I pushing the limit?

While watching this talk by Joshua Evans, something struck me when he told about how his grandmother told him  '... and you're pushing the limit....God has something for you, and He want you to get it, but you're pushing it'.



I start to ponder and remember a thing that I heard in one of Mufti Ismail Menk speech. He was speaking about the lessons we can learn from the story of Nuh@Noah 'Alaihis Salaam where Allah give us signs and reminders in a definite number of times or to a certain time point. We have all the chances of repentance and to be forgiven by His grace until we reach that limit. This make me think of how much signs and reminders have we been neglecting and each time we turned away our heart hardens and our spirituality faints. It is not in which religion we were born that matters, but in what state we will die as. And i pray that myself and my parents, my whole families, all my friends, all my teachers and all my neighbor will die as a true Muslim, the 'one who submits to God'.

No comments:

Post a Comment